On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 12:03:36PM -0700, Eric Schrock wrote:
> You should be able to get rid of it with 'zfs inherit'.  It's not
> exactly intuitive, but it matches the native property behavior.  If you
> have any advice for improving documentation, plese let us know.

Indeed, but I was more looking for something as simple as 'zfs del
property filesystem'. Your method won't work in this situation:

        # zfs create tank/foo
        # zfs create tank/foo/bar
        # zfs set org.freebsd:test=test tank/foo
        # zfs get -r org.freebsd:test tank/foo
        NAME          PROPERTY          VALUE             SOURCE
        tank/foo      org.freebsd:test  test              local
        tank/foo/bar  org.freebsd:test  test              inherited from
tank/foo

Now how to remove it only from tank/foo/bar? Let's assume that I've many
datasets under tank/foo/ I don't want to remove the property from
tank/foo and add it to each dataset.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://www.FreeBSD.org