I have some further data now, and I don't think that it is a hardware
problem.  Half way through the scrub, I rebooted and exchanged the
controller and cable used with the "bad" disk.  After restarting the
scrub, it proceeded error free until about the point where it left
off, and then it resumed the exact same behavior.

Basically, almost exactly one fourth of the amount of data that is
read from the resilvered disk is written to the same disk.  This was
constant throughout the scrub.  Meanwhile, fmd writes
ereport.fs.zfs.io events to errlog, until the disk is full.

At this point, it seems as if the resilvering code in snv_60 is
broken, and one fourth of the data was not reconstructed properly.  I
have an iosnoop trace of the disk in question, if anyone is
interested.  I will try to make some sense of it, but that probably
won't happen today.

Chris