In a recent message, I detailed the excessive checksum errors that
occurred after replacing a disk.  It seems that after a resilver
completes, it leaves a large number of blocks in the pool which fail
to checksum properly.  Afterward, it is necessary to scrub the pool in
order to correct these errors.

After some testing, it seems that this only occurs with RAID-Z.  The
same behavior can be observed on both snv_59 and snv_60, though I do
not have any other installs to test at the moment.

The following commands should reproduce this result in a small test pool.

Chris

mkdir /tmp/test
mkfile 64m /tmp/test/0 /tmp/test/1
zpool create test raidz /tmp/test/0 /tmp/test/1
mkfile 16m /test/file

zpool export test
rm /tmp/test/0
zpool import -d /tmp/test test
mkfile 64m /tmp/test/0
zpool replace test /tmp/test/0

# wait for the resilver to complete, and observe that it completes successfully
zpool status test

# scrub the pool
zpool scrub test

# watch the checksum errors accumulate as the scrub progresses
zpool status test