On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 17:43:31 -0400, Torrey McMahon wrote:
: Dickon Hood wrote:
: >[snip]

: >I'm currently playing with ZFS on a T2000 with 24x500GB SATA discs in an
: >external array that presents as SCSI.  After having much 'fun' with the
: >Solaris SCSI driver not handling LUNs >2TB

: That should work if you have the latest KJP and friends. (Actually, it
: should have been working for a while so if not....) What release are you on?

Google suggested it may or may not, depending on how lucky I was.  I
assume I was just unlucky, or didn't find the correct set of patches.
Actually I thought I had at one point, but writes after the first 2TB
returned IO errors.

I tried every recentish version on our Jumpstart server: 0305, 0606, and
1106, with the latest 10_Recommended patch cluster or not, and with
various other sd patches I could find.  Which versions I couldn't honestly
say; I gave up.

1106 out of the box won't even see the SCSI card with a 2TB LUN, which has
some interesting side effects with installing: the expansion cards appear
first, and if it can't see it, suddenly your boot devices change once
patched.  I got one combination -- sorry, I don't recall which, but I
think it was a 0606 with a patch -- to see the device, but as I say,
writes to >2TB fail with an IO error.  This is unhelpful.

I gave up and restructured it to export all the discs, as I said.  AIUI,
that's better for zfs anyway.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.