Wee Yeh Tan wrote:
On 4/24/07, Richard Elling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wee Yeh Tan wrote:
> I didn't spot anything that reads it from /etc/system.  Appreciate any
> pointers.

The beauty, and curse, of /etc/system is that modules do not need to create
an explicit reader.

Grr.... I suspected after I replied that the mechanism should be
similiar to what mdb uses so assuming I'm looking at the right place
this time...
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/uts/common/os/modsysfile.c#1172

Yes, this looks more appropriate.  IIRC, this section was rewritten for
Solaris 10, and many old, irritating problems were fixed along the way :-)
... but it is still a loaded weapon... be careful where you point it.
 -- richard