On 04/24/07 17:30, Darren J Moffat wrote:
Richard Elling wrote:

/var/tm     Similar to the /var/log rationale.

[assuming /var/tmp]

I intended to type /var/fm not /var/tm or /var/tmp. The FMA state data is I believe something that you would want to share between all boot environments on a given bit of hardware, right ?

Yes, under normal production circumstances that is what you'd want.
I guess under some test circumstances you may want different state
for different BEs.

I'd also like to have compression turned on by default for /var/fm.
It will cost nothing in turns of cpu time since additions to that
tree are at a very low rate and only small chunks of data at a time;
but the small chunks can add up in a system suffering solid errors
if the ereports are not throttled in some way, and they're eminently
compressible.

There are a couple of CRs logged for this somewhere.

Gavin