On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:09:21AM +1200, Ian Collins wrote:

> Or an alternative CD1, for those of us who do network installs after
> booting from CD.

I have a question about that.  This is how I do all my installs, and
in fact I just did this on a machine at work (to be a temporary NFS
server so I could rebuild my desktop with ZFS Boot/Root action) and
while I do indeed have both a patched CD1 and a patched DVD image to
do the installs from, is the patched DVD really nessesary when booting
from the patched CD1?  I'm assuming so since nothing gets copied from
CD1 to the HDD during install, only from the "install media" which in
this case is the NFS mounted DVD image.

-brian
--
"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just