On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 01:56:53PM -0700, Richard Elling wrote:
> FYI,
> Sun is having a big, 25th Anniversary sale.  X4500s are half price --
> 24 TBytes for $24k.  ZFS runs really well on a X4500.
>       http://www.sun.com/emrkt/25sale/index.jsp?intcmp=tfa5101
> I appologize for those not in the US or UK and can't take advantage
> of the sale.

Gah, why didn't sun do this 5 months ago?  Now we're stuck with these
Equallogic boxes, which are nice, but do iSCSI only, and as it turns
out, we could really use NFS as well.  Maybe I can talk them into a
Thumper or two anyway.  ;)

-brian
--
"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just