Hi there,

because of a problem with EMC Power Path we need to change the configuration of a ZFS pool changing "emcpower?g" devices (EMC Power Path created devices) to underlaying "c#t#d#" (Solaris path to those devices). Problem is that they has non redundant config:

"amebdo:/>zpool status orapool
conjunto: orapool
estado: ONLINE
limpiar: no se ha solicitado ninguna
config:

      NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
      orapool       ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower1g  ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower2g  ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower3g  ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower4g  ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower5g  ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower6g  ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower7g  ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower8g  ONLINE       0     0     0
        emcpower9g  ONLINE       0     0     0

i'm thinking about creating a mirror, then replacing the "emcpower?g" by "c#t#d#", then recreating the mirror, then broken the mirror leving the original disks but this has two problems:

1.- Pool is huge so lot of IO will be done when sync afecting perf.
2.- lot of available LUNs are needed to create the mirror

is there any way appart from the above (or taking a full backup and then recreate from scratf the pool) to do this?

remember that we only want to change config but LUNs are physically the same.

Many thanks,
Gonzalo.