Why did you choose to deploy the database on ZFS ?
-On disk consistancy was big - one of our datacenters was having power problems
and the systems would sometimes drop live. I had a couple of instances of data
errors with VXVM/VXFS and we had to restore from tape.
-zfs snapshot saves us many hours with our larger databases when the DBAs need
a backup for patching. Our maintenance window goes from 8 hours to 2 or 3
because we don't have to waste time waiting on I/O from a rsync or dump or
waiting for that same I/O in a restore if something goes south.
-ease of maintenance. Our storage creation has gone from a significant part of
the install process to mostly being scripted.

What features of ZFS are you using ?
-quotas/reservations
-snapshots
-recordsize