Robert Milkowski wrote:
Hello George,

Friday, April 20, 2007, 7:37:52 AM, you wrote:

GW> This is a high priority for us and is actively being worked.

GW> Vague enough for you. :-) Sorry I can't give you anything more exact GW> that that.

Can you at least give us feature list being developed?

Some answers to questions like:

1. evacuating a vdev resulting in a smaller pool for all raid configs - ?

2. adding new vdev and rewriting all existing data to new larger
   stripe - ?

3. expanding stripe width for raid-z1 and raid-z2 - ?

4. live conversion between different raid kinds on the same disk set - ?

No, you will not be able to change the number of disks in a raid-z set (I think that answers questions 1-4). There is no plan to implement this feature.

5. live data migration from one disk set to another - ?

Yes -- just add the new disk set, then remove the old disk set.

6. rewriting data in a dataset (not entire pool) after changing some
   parameters like compression, encryption, ditto blocks, ... so it
   will affect also already written data in a dataset. This should be
   both pool wise and data set wise - ?

Yes.

7. de-fragmentation of a pool - ?

Yes.