Matthew Ahrens wrote:
Aaron Newcomb wrote:
Does ZFS support any type of remote mirroring? It seems at present my
only two options to achieve this would be Sun Cluster or Availability
Suite. I thought that this functionality was in the works, but I haven't
heard anything lately.

You could put something together using iSCSI, or zfs send/recv.

I think the definition of remote mirror is up for grabs here but in my mind remote mirror means the remote node has a always up to date copy of the primary data set modulo any transactions in flight. AVS, aka remote mirror, aka sndr, is usually used for this kind of work on the host. Storage arrays have things like, ahem, remote mirror, truecopy, srdf, etc.