Hello,

solaris Internals wiki contains many interesting things about zfs.
But i have no glue about the reasons for this entry:

In Section "ZFS Storage Pools Recommendations - Storage Pools" you can read:
[i]For all production environments, set up a redundant ZFS storage pool, such
as a raidz, raidz2, or a mirrored configuration, regardless of the RAID level
implemented on the underlying storage device.[/i]
(see
<http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Best_Practices_Guide#Storage_Pools>)

In our environment we use EMC based storage subsystems which are protected by
RAID1 (mirrored disks).
What's the reason for building an upper level zfs mirror on these already
mirrored disks?

Or do I misinterpret solaris internals wiki?