[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 05/14/2007 02:10:28 PM:

> I did this on Solaris 10u3.  4 120GB -> 4 500GB drives.  Replace,
> resilver; repeat until all all drives replaced.

Just beware of the long resilver times -- on a 500gb x 6 raidz2 group at
70% used space a resilver takes 7+days where snaps do not work and the
disks are pegged (system almost unusable).  If that is OK by you then a
resilver may be the best method.  For it to work for me I would need the
rebuild times much quicker or be able to throttle them down so the system
is usable.  Either way no snapshots while resilvering means ZFS can't be
used on our bigger workloads anyways.

-Wade