[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 05/15/2007 09:01:00 AM:

> Has anyone else run into this situation?  Does anyone have any
> solutions other than removing snapshots or increasing the quota?
> I'd like to put in an RFE to reserve some space so files can be
> removed when users are at their quota.  Any thoughts from the ZFS team?
>
> Ben

Not from the ZFS team,  but I would like to see user/group quotas and the
ability to flag both types of quotas with the following options:

* Ignore snapshot reservations when calculating quota -- Don't punish users
for administratively driven snap policy.
* Ignore COW overhead for quotas (allow unlink anytime) -- from my testing
it appears as though a delete on a quota limit fs fails in some situations
even with no snapshots (where you have to grow the quota unlink then
reset).

-Wade