Constantin Gonzalez wrote:
Hi,

Our upgrade story isn't great right now.  In the meantime,
you might check out Tim Haley's blog entry on using
bfu with zfs root.

thanks.

But doesn't live upgrade just start the installer from the new OS
DVD with the right options? Can't I just do that too?

I'll look at it and see if I can give you a better recommendation.
I don't want to give you bad advice.  I might have more
information later today.

Lori

Cheers,
   Constantin

http://blogs.sun.com/timh/entry/friday_fun_with_bfu_and

lori

Constantin Gonzalez wrote:
Hi,

I'm a big fan of live upgrade. I'm also a big fan of ZFS boot. The
latter is
more important for me. And yes, I'm looking forward to both being
integrated
with each other.

Meanwhile, what is the best way to upgrade a post-b61 system that is
booted
from ZFS?

I'm thinking:

1. Boot from ZFS
2. Use Tim's excellent multiple boot datasets script to create a new
cloned ZFS
   boot environment:
   http://blogs.sun.com/timf/entry/an_easy_way_to_manage
3. Loopback mount the new OS ISO image
4. Run the installer from the loopbacked ISO image in upgrade mode on
the clone
5. Mark the clone to be booted the next time
6. Reboot into the upgraded OS.

Questions:

- How exactly do I do step 4? Before, luupgrade did everything for me,
now
  what manpage do I need to do this?

- Did I forget something above? I'm ok with losing some logfiles and
stuff that
  maybe changed between the clone and the reboot, but is there
anything else?

- Did someone already blog about this and I haven't noticed yet?

Cheers,
   Constantin