On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 15:50 -0600, Lori Alt wrote:
> Mike Dotson wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 14:29 -0600, Lori Alt wrote:
>
> > Would help in many cases where an admin needs to work on a system but
> > doesn't need, say 20k users home directories mounted, to do this work.
> >
> So single-user mode is not sufficient for this?

Not all work needs to be done in single user:) And I wouldn't consider a
4+ hour boot time just for mounting file systems a good use of cpu time
when an admin could be doing other things - preparation for next
patching, configuring changes to webserver, etc.  Or just monitoring the
status of the file system mounts to give an update to management on how
many file systems are mounted and how many are left.

Point is, why is console-login dependent on *all* the file systems being
mounted in *multiboot*.  Does it really need to depend on *all* the file
systems being mounted?

> Lori

Thanks...

Mike Dotson