On 5/25/07, John Plocher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One of the raidz pool drives failed.  When I went to replace it,
I found that the V440's original 72Gb drives had been "upgraded"
to Dell 148Gb Fujitsu drives, and the Sun versions of those drives
(same model number...) had different firmware, and more importantly,
FEWER sectors!  They were only 147.8 Gb!  You know what they say
about a free lunch and too good to be true...
What about buying a single larger drive?  A 300 GB disk had better
have at least 148 GB on it...  It's a few hundred bucks extra,
granted, but if you have to rent or buy enough space to back
everything up it might be a tossup.

Will