On 31 May, 2007 - Vic Engle sent me these 0,6K bytes:

> Just a quick question. If I create a raidz pool but then later find
> that I need more space I can add another raidz set to the pool but
> what happens to data already in the pool? Does a relayout occur or
> does zfs work towards balancing I/O to the pool across the 2 raidz
> sets only as new data is written?

If you have a raidz of say 500G, filled with 300G of data.. then you add
another raidz of 500G and start writing.. ZFS will put more data on the
second raidz thing to even out the distribution..

> Also, is it possible to explicitly request a relayout; for example can
> I convert a raidz1 pool to a raidz2 pool?

Currently no.

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå