On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Toby Thain wrote:

On 8-Jun-07, at 3:13 AM, BVK wrote:

On 6/8/07, Toby Thain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When should we expect Solaris kernel under OS X? 10.6? 10.7? :-)

I think its quite possible. I believe, very soon they will ditch their
Mach based (?) BSD and switch to solaris.

Many think this would be a good move. :)

File based CDDL license seems like a right choice to a company like
Apple. My only worry is, Apple never works in open, so their
improvements may never get back into the community.

To _me_ Apple like company looks more dangerous than Microsoft :-(

Perhaps when they're at 95% market share.

Please - this thread is only diverging with each post and is already _way_ off topic.

Regards,

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134  Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) Member - Apr 2005 to Mar 2007
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/ogb/ogb_2005-2007/