Solaris 10, u3, zfs 3 kernel 118833-36.

 Running into a weird problem where I attach a mirror to a large, existing
filesytem. The attach occurs and then the system starts swallowing all the
available memory and the system performance chokes, while the filesystems sync.
In some cases all memory goes away and the system becomes unresponsive. If the
system is left to itself for the time it should take to sync the disks, the
sync doesn't occur. It can ping but won't allow logins, even from console. So I
break the system (a v490) to PROM, boot -s and when the system comes up the
mirror starts resilvering (from 0%), available memory goes to 230mb (from 32GB)
at the rate of about 1GB/15 secs and then hops up to 4GB when it hits bottom. I
let the system alone and allow the sync to complete, all the while having
really slow console access. zpool status will show that the pool is in a good
state, then I allow the system to come up to level 3 by exiting console, the
sync of the mirror restarts at level 3, zpool status shows the mirror
resilvering and the system begins the memory swallowing and goes into an
unusable state, without even console access.