> I'm using this system in a test lab, so data integrity is not too
> important for me.  I mainly want to see what kind of performance I can
> get out of the zfs/T3 setup.

> I do see a note on pg 31 of the zfs admin guide that recommends against this
> configuration. (but saying it is possible).
>
> So would I get any performance bump using zfs on the T3 volume?

Compared to running UFS on it directly?  I wouln't think there'd be a
significant difference, but for some workloads you might.  ZFS will
schedule writes differently than UFS will.  That might improve some
things.

> Or am I just getting myself into shark infested waters?

Not to my mind.  It's just that the configuration you have doesn't allow
some of the strengths of ZFS to be used well.

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]