Just playing around a bit w/ zfs + zfs root (no particularly good
reason other than to just mess around a bit), and I hit an issue that
I suspect is simple to fix, but I cannot seem to figure out what that
is.

I wanted to try (essentially) doing a very manual install to an empty
zfs filesystem.
So I took a b72 ISO, mounted it, then did something did something similar to:

cat /mnt/Solaris_11/Product/.order | while read pkg; do
pkgadd -n -M -a admin -R /newfs -d /mnt/Solaris_11/Product $pkg
done

(where the iso was mounted on /mnt & /newfs was the empty zfs filesystem)

After that completed, I made sure the filesystem mountpoint was set to
legacy, updated it's vfstab accordingly, updated grub (the system was
already installed using the zfsrootkit from b62), copied
/etc/zfs/zpool.cache to /newfs/etc/zfs, created
/newfs/etc/boot/solaris/filelist.ramdisk, added 'etc/zfs/zpool.cache',
then did a 'bootadm update-archive -R /newfs'

When I reboot, it panics in rootconf() that it cannot mount /ramdisk:a

Now what's interesting, is if I clone the existing /, and just
overwrite all the packages on the clone, that boots (though not sure
how clean it would be).  So I suspect there must be something extra
piece on the filesystem that's missing that I am unaware of.  Any
ideas?