On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:14:57AM -0700, Vincent Fox wrote:
> Where is ZFS with regards to the NVRAM cache present on arrays?
>
> I have a pile of 3310 with 512 megs cache, and even some 3510FC with 1-gig
> cache.  It seems silly that it's going to waste.  These are dual-controller
> units so I have no worry about loss of cache information.
>
> It looks like OpenSolaris has a way to force arguably "correct" behavior, but
> Solaris 10u3/4 do not.  I see some threads from early this year about it, and
> nothing since.

Made some simple tests wrt. cont. seq. writes/reads for a 3510 (singl.
controller), single Host (v490) with 2 FC-HBAs - so, yes - I'm running
now ZFS single disk over HW Raid10 (10disks) ...
Haven't had the time, to test all combinations or mixed load cases,
however, in case you wanna check, what I got:
http://iws.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~elkner/3510.txt

Have fun,
jel.
--
Otto-von-Guericke University     http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/
Department of Computer Science   Geb. 29 R 027, Universitaetsplatz 2