Hi all,
I have been reading ZFS discussion for a while now and I'm planning a small
file server (to be used by only a few people).  I'm fairly new to Solaris and
OpenSolaris, and I'm thinking of using Solaris 10 08/07.

I have a few questions I haven't been able to figure out yet, and would be
grateful for any help that anyone can offer.

My basic plan is to have a root file system, and several separate disks in a
pool for ZFS.

1.  For my root file system, I would like to have some redundancy.  This file
system wouldn't be ZFS, since ZFS boot isn't supported in Solaris 10 at the
moment.  I was thinking of using a RAID controller with two mirrored disks.
Does this make sense?  I would like replacing a failed disk to be as easy as
possible, and I'm not sure how hard it would be to setup and maintain a
software mirror of the root disks.

2.  For the data (ZFS pool) disks, I have read that it makes sense to have two
disk controllers if doing a mirror, so that at least one disk from each vdev is
still online if a controller fails.  Should I still have two controllers if I'm
doing raidz2?

3.  Can anyone recommend a PCI-Express SATA controller that will work with
64-bit x86 Solaris 10?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide, and for taking the time to read this
:)