> Having my 700Gb one disk ZFS crashing on me created ample need for a recovery
> tool.
>
> So I spent the weekend creating a tool that lets you list directories and
> copy files from any pool on a one disk ZFS filesystem, where for example the
> Solaris kernel keeps panicing.
>
> Is there any interest in it being release to the public?

Would be nice to have.

Still, it calls for a recovery mode in ZFS, where all available disks of
the pool are mounted, unrecoverable errors will not cause panics and
missing data is filled with zeroes. Bonus would be a special cp command,
that works with ZFS and tells me whether a file copied correctly or not.

-mg