Hi All,

    I went to storage expo in the UK yesterday. During a long train journey
back to the west country boss and I  were discussing the joys of storage
management in a production environment and where ZFS would be able to help.
Whilst it would be great if ZFS were a clustered file-system and able to
share its pools and file systems read/write across multiple hosts, what
would be almost as good would be a shared pool where specific hosts could
write to specific file systems. In that way we could use all of the goodies
of pool management, tiered storage, migration etc without the metadata
overhead of shared locks.

Is this feasible?

Cheers,

Vic
--
Vic Cornell
UNIX Systems Administrator

5-7 Abbey Court, Eagle Way, Sowton,
Exeter, Devon, EX2 7HY

T: 01392 888690
F: 01392 441709

http://www.landmarkinfo.co.uk/

Registered Office: 5-7 Abbey Court, Eagle Way, Sowton, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7HY
Registered Number 2892803 Registered in England & Wales

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to
legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take
any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable
precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail.
Landmark Information Group Limited cannot accept responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that
you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.

www.landmarkinfo.co.uk