On Oct 22, 2007, at 2:52 AM, Mertol Ozyoney wrote:

> I know I havent defined my particular needs. However I am looking
> for a
> simple explanation of waht is available today and what will be
> available in
> short term.
>
> Example. One to one asynch replication is suported, many to one synch
> replication supported etc....

You can use 'zfs send/recv' to do asynchronous replication.

Existing today is the ability to take recursive snapshot ('zfs
snapshot -r').  Coming at the end of this week is the ability to send
over multiple file systems with one command ('zfs send -R'):
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/arc/caselog/2007/574/mail

So for example, each night you could do:
# zfs snapshot -r tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
# zfs send -R tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | ssh <otherhost> zfs recv -d backuptank
# zfs destroy -r tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
# zfs rename -r tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED] tank/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

eric