We had a 'windoze' zpool on two internal disks. It had a number of zvols
which
were ISCSI'd out to a few hosts. This has been in and running for some
months.

Recently someone added some external SE6140 LUNs to the zpool as well,
and last
friday those LUNs were deleted from the SE6140 itself, as far as I know they
aren't recoverable at all.

Is it possible to tell ZFS to forget those SE6140 LUNs ever belonged to the
zpool? I know that ZFS will have probably put some user data on them, but if
there is a possibility of recovering any of those zvols on the zpool
it'd really
help a lot, to put it mildly. My understanding is all the metadata will
be spread
around and polluted by now, even after a few days of the SE6140 LUNs
being linked,
but I thought I'd ask.

Any attempt to remove the devices just produces a zpool unavailable
message. The
machine is running Sol 11 snv_64a on a T2000.

ta,
Mark.

  pool: windoze
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
        replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME                                       STATE     READ WRITE
CKSUM
        windoze                                    UNAVAIL      0
0     0  insufficient replicas
          c2t2d0s0                                 ONLINE       0
0     0
          c2t3d0s0                                 ONLINE       0
0     0
          c7t600A0B80002AD18400000C9347212598d0s0  UNAVAIL      0
0     0  cannot open
          c7t600A0B80002A096000000C2E4721250Fd0s0  UNAVAIL      0
0     0  cannot open