The info in that tuning guide depends on what Solaris version you are working
with.  Last I checked it was not current.

I use Solaris 10u4 and have zfs_nocacheflush set.  Haven't played with using
alternate disks for ZIL yet not really sure what that does to my HA model.  I
have mirrored LUNS between 2 3510FC arrays, each of them with dual-controllers.
 With dual battery-backed controllers I'm not really worried about the cache
flush thing but if you operate without this safety net, might not be a good
idea.