Edward Irvine wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've got a 3.9 Tb zpool, and it is casing kernel panics on my Solaris
> 10 280r (SPARC) server.
>
> The message I get on panic is this:
>
> panic[cpu1]/thread=2a100a95cc0: zfs: freeing free segment
> (offset=423713792 size=1024)
>
> This seems to come about when the zpool is being used or being
> scrubbed - about twice a day at the moment. After the reboot, the
> scrub seems to have been forgotten about - I can't get a zpool scrub
> to complete.
>
> Any suggestions very much appreciated...

Hi Edwards,
Yyou haven't provided enough information to determine where
the issue might lie.

Please provide the output of the following commands, run from
within an mdb session run on your crash dump:

::status
::msgbuf
*panicthread::findstack -v
$R

It would also help the ZFS folks if you could provide access
to the crash dump, and the output of "showrev -p" so that your
current patch levels can be identified.

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems