> [0] andromeda:/<2>common/sge# wc /etc/dfs/sharetab
> 1853    7412  157646 /etc/dfs/sharetab

This machine (Thumper) currently runs Solaris 10 Update 3 (with some patches)
and things work just fine. Now, I'm a bit worried about reboot times due to the
number of exported filesystems and I'm thinking of installing some version of
Nevada instead. What's other people's experience? I assume just going to Update
4 will not be enought since that one doesn't contain the in-kernel sharetab and
stuff.

I'm going to move about 600 of those filesystems off that machine in the near
future, and I think I could (if forced) group another 600 of those together
into one single filesystem.

Suggestions? Or is it no big deal (I'm thinking about the test report when you
would see more than a week boot-time with many filesystems)?

Hmm.. Now that I come thinking about that we have another server (located at
the computer club here) that boots just fine with 1582 entries in
/etc/dfs/sharetab, and that's a *much* slower server (Sun Enterprise 450).
(Also ZFS backed storage).