On Dec 15, 2007 11:31 PM, KASTURI VENKATA SESHA SASIDHAR
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>         I am working on open solaris bugs .. and need to change the code of
> df in the above two folders..
>
> I would like to know why there are two df's with diff options in the
> respective folders..
> /usr/bin/df is different is from /usr/xpg4/bin/df!!

The code for both variants of df come from the same source
(usr/src/cmd/fs.d/df.c).  The xpg4 variant is compiled with -DXPG4.
After a build in usr/src/cmd/fs.d is complete you will see the
following:

$ ls df*
df          df.o        df.po.xpg4  df.xpg4
df.c        df.po       df.xcl      df.xpg4.o

It looks to me as though df becomes /usr/bin/df and df.xpg4 becomes
/usr/xpg4/bin/df.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/