Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

To clear up one issue, when I mentioned snapshots, I [i]was[/i] talking about
snapshots performed by the array and/or replication software. In order to take
a ZFS snapshot I would need access to the secondary copies of the data, and
that is not generally possible while replication is configured.

Thanks, Jim, for the info on AVS snapshot, I'll look at that.

As for other products, I'm almost certain the TrueCopy resyncs in block order,
but Universal Replicator's journal-based pull model may maintain write-ordering
under such circumstances. I'm waiting for a reply from EMC about SRDF, but the
information I have so far is that it, too, reverts to block-ordering during
resync.

It does look as if my concerns about ZFS are valid, though. It will require
special handling.

Thanks

Steve