Heya,

> I have/had a zpool containing one filesystem.

Cool, simple scenario.

> I had to change my hostid and needed to import my pool, (I've done his
> OK in the past).
> After the import the mount of my filesystem failed.

I take it you did the 'export' part with the other hostid? Wondering if
something could have got 'kludged' prior to the host change.

> # zpool import homespool
> cannot mount 'homespool/homes': mountpoint or dataset is busy

What is the path it's being mounted on? Does it exist, is there nothing
on it etc?

If all else fails you could try a forced unmount with zfs unmount -f
homespool/homes . The ZFS developers on this list might cringe at that
suggestion though. :)

> The data seems it might still exist, (correct amount of used space is
> reported), but /homespool
> doesn't provide me any obvious way to get to it any more.
> # zfs list
> NAME              USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
> homespool        9.91G   124G    18K  /homespool
> homespool/homes  9.91G   124G  9.91G  /homes
>
> ls -laR  /homespool
<snip>

What about ls /homes ? That's the specified mount point and by the looks
of the above message the mount hasn't succeeded.

When a zfs filesystem has a specified mountpoint outside of the volumes
base mount I believe (and there's people on this list who could probably
confirm) it disappears from the volume mount. It may add a symlink too
(I'm just not sure if that's automatic :)) but since the mount failed it
doesn't make sense.

> I'd dearly love to recover this pool, (no backup, yes I know :-(.
> It WAS a mirror, I scrubbed it and no errors were seen, I've since detached
> one device to try to see if anything changed.

Well, the good things is you've got the volume mounted. Assuming zpool
status homespool returns a good result you should be in luck.

Hope that helps,

--
Stuart Low
Systems Infrastructure Manager