Hello All,
    In a moment of insanity I've upgraded from a 5200+ to a Phenom 9600 on my
zfs server and I've had a lot of problems with hard hangs when accessing the
pool.
The motherboard is an Asus M2N32-WS, which has had the latest available BIOS
upgrade installed to support the Phenom.

bash-3.2# psrinfo -pv
The physical processor has 4 virtual processors (0-3)
  x86 (AuthenticAMD 100F22 family 16 model 2 step 2 clock 2310 MHz)
        AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor

    The pool is spread across 12 disks ( 3 x 4 disk raidz groups ) attached to
both the motherboard and a Supermicro AOC-SAT2-MV8 in a PCI-X slot (marvell88sx
driver).  The hangs occur during large writes to the pool, i.e a 10G mkfile,
usually just after the physical disk access start, and the file is not created
in the directory on the pool at all.  The system hard hangs at this point, even
with booting under kmdb there's no panic string and after setting snooping=1 in
/etc/system there's no crash dump created after it reboots.  Doing the same
operation to a single UFS disk attached to the motherboard's ATA133 interface
doesn't cause a problem, neither does writing to a raidz pool created from 4
files on that ATA disk.  If I use psradm and disable any 2 cores on the Phenom
there's no problem with the mkfile either, but turn a third on and it'll hang.
This is with the virtualization, and power now extensions disabled in the BIOS.

    So, before I go and shout at the motherboard manufacturer are there any
components in b78 that might not be expecting a quad core AMD cpu?  Possibly in
the marvell88sx driver?  Or is there anything more I can do to track this issue
down.

Thanks,
Alan