Running SXDE (snv_70) for a file server, and I must admit I'm new to
Solaris and zfs. zfs does not appear to do any compression at all, here is
what I did to set it up:

I created a four drive raidz array:

zpool create pool raidz c0d0 c0d1 c1d0 c1d1

then an extra file system on that:

zfs create -o mountpoint=/export/data pool/data

After adding a bit of data (200GB or so), i figured that compression would
in fact be a good idea:

zfs set compression=on pool/data

So far so good, "zfs get all" reports compression to be active. Now for
the problem: After adding another 300GB of uncompressed .tif and .bin/.cue
(audio CD) files, compression ratio is still at 1.00, indicating that no
compression has taken place. Where did I go wrong? Anything I can do to
get compression back after the cause for the problem has been fixed? All
the data has been copied across a network, through Samba - set up
according to instructions found in various Solaris forums.

--
Joachim

Hvorfor bruke fremmedord, når det finnes adekvate norske substitutter?