For what it's worth, I configured a T5220 this week with a 6 disk, three
mirror zpool. (three top level mirror vdevs...).

Used only internal disks...

When pushing to disk, I was seeing bursts of 70 odd MB/s per spindle,
with all 6 spindles making the 70MB/s, so 350MB/s ish.

Read performance was about the same for large files. (did not do
anything with small files, though I expect that with the 2.5" SAS disks,
it should be pretty good...).

I was not seeing a consistent 70MB/s per spindle, which I put down the
the fact that I was only using a single thread to generate the writes.
(A single thread of an N2 is only so fast... Just think of what you
could do with 64 of them ;)

I'll be interested to see what the others have to say. :)

Hope this helps.

Nathan.