Hey guys,

I just hit exactly the same problem, but for some reason I can't see one of my
zpools in /dev/zvol/rdsk.

I'm testing out ZFS over iSCSI.  To begin with I created a 1GB file on an 8GB
pool, it seemed ok (but I'd missed the fact it was using 1GB of RAM).  Next I
wanted a bigger iSCSI drive to play with, so created a 40GB pool, created a
35GB file with iscsitadm, and watched the machine grind to a halt... :)

I remembered this post and I'm trying to use the workaround now, but I can't
find the new pool in /dev/zvol/rdsk:

# zpool list
NAME       SIZE    USED  AVAIL   CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
largepool  39.8G   728K  39.7G    0%  ONLINE  -
zfspool    7.94G  1.00G  6.94G   12%  ONLINE  -

#zfs list
NAME                USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
largepool           702K  39.1G    20K  /largepool
largepool/zfstest    18K  39.1G    18K  /largepool/zfstest
zfspool            5.00G  2.81G  1.00G  /zfspool
zfspool/iscsitest  2.06M  6.81G  2.06M  -

# cd /dev/zvol/rdsk
# ls
zfspool

I've tried setting shareiscsi=on, but that doesn't seem to be working either,
running "iscsiadm list target" only shows the old target.