We are having the same problem.  We were told that patch 127728-06 should
fix our problem once it is released.
Is this the same T-patch you are talking about?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Prabahar Jeyaram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> You might be hitting the BUG 6513209 (Contributer to the 'zpool import'
> delay). There is going to be an official patch soon. Currently it is in
> T-Patch state.
>
> You should be able to get the T-Patch through your support channel.
>
> --
> Prabahar.
>

> Max Holm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 3-node(SunFire V890) VCS cluster running Solaris 10 u4
> > with LUNs from some Sun 6130,6140 and IBM 8100 arrays. It has been
> > working well. But one of the nodes started to have troubles
> > in running ZFS commands this Tue, 2/19. Any ZFS command, e.g.,
> > 'zpool import' can take hours to complete. Sometimes it took 4-5
> > minutes, and run it again, it can take 60 minutes. On the other 2
> > nodes that share the same set of LUNs are still normal so far -
> > take some 5-10 seconds or less for the same commands.
> > I haven't noticed any error messages from the arrays or SAN switches
> > and other than the HBAs and switch ports, they are virtually identical.
> > (other commands like cfgadm, format,... seems normal, so I suspect
> > the culprit might be related to ZFS. I open a case with Sun, this route
> > seems take forever for this kind of issue and I haven't got any answer
> yet.)
> >
> > The host is not down or crashed. I rebooted it once today, not sure if
> > it's fixed by reboot, 'zpool import' can still take minutes rather than
> > seconds to complete). I still need to create some test LUNs and pools
> > for more tests.  It seems everything is still normal except the ZFS.
> > Most zfs commands also cause cpu loads well up till completed,
> > as seen in vmstast,mpstat, or top.  This has been causing us troubles
> > as our home grown VCS ZFS agent would consider the zpool is dead
> > after some consecutive failures in probing the pool (zpool status
> > takes forever to complete).
> >
> > Does anyone has same problem or know what might be the cause/fix?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Max Holm
> >

> > This message posted from opensolaris.org

Lead System Software Engineer WSU/C&IT/CS/ECS

Tom's info: http://tom.cc.wayne.edu/wiki/User:Tom
http://ThomasRStevenson.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/thomasrstevenson

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."  Douglas Adams / Mostly Harmless