Hi All,
I have modified zdb to do decompression in zdb_read_block.  Syntax is:

# zdb -R poolname:devid:blkno:psize:d,compression_type,lsize

Where compression_type can be lzjb or any other type compression that
zdb uses, and
lsize is the size after compression.  I have used this with a modified
mdb to allow one to
do the following:

    given a pathname for a file on a zfs file system, display the blocks
(i.e., data) of the file.  The file
    system need not be mounted.

If anyone is interested, send me email.  I can send a webrev of the zdb
changes for those interested.
As for the mdb changes, I sent a webrev of those a while ago, and have
since added a rawzfs dmod.

I plan to present a paper at osdevcon in Prague in June that uses the
modified zdb and mdb to
show the physical layout of a zfs file system.  (I should mention that,
over time, I have found that
the ZFS on-disk format paper actually does tell you almost everything).

max