> On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Haik Aftandilian wrote:
> > Or is there a way to manually set the creator of a
> fileystem?
>
> Not knowing any better I used a simple 'chown
> owner:group' syntax. :-)

I didn't think of that :) But, I just tried it (changing the ownership of the
mountpoint) and it did not appear to have any effect.

> You could also use 'cpio -p' to transfer directory
> ownership based on
> the original master.

True, but I'm really concerned about zfs's idea of the filesystem creator
because I'm using that specifically to enforce a policy where users can all
create filesystems and then only the filesystem creator can perform certain
operations like snapshot, rollback, destroy, etc. This is all done using the
"zfs allow" command.

Thanks,
Haik