> i want to intercept IO on ZFS at vnode layer,
> i changed vnodeops pointer for zfs in vfs frame work
> but i only get IO for creating new file but i dont
> get for read,lookup,write,changing setattribute
> etc. can somebody explain why ?

Which vnodeops pointer did you change?

ZFS, unlike most file systems, uses a separate dispatch vector for each type of
node. It sounds to me like you changed the directory dispatch vector (which
handles file creation) but not the file dispatch vector (which handles
operations on files).

(See the tail end of zfs_vnops.c for the declaration of the vectors.)