On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 09:26 -0500, Tim wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but just to clarify a bit for those currently
> thinking "WHAT, NEVER IN MAINLINE!?"

The main line of solaris development *is* SunOS 5.11/solaris
express/nevada/opensolaris/whatever we're calling it this week.

Development targets nevada first, and then selected features are
backported to an update release.  update releases are (conceptually) a
branch/fork off of the main line.

>  It will make it back to mainline, but just not until the next solaris
> release (something other than 10updateX), correct?

it's already in the solaris mainline.  it's not going into a solaris 10
update branch.  the mainline is released via SXDE/SXCE and other future
release vehicles.

                                                - Bill