Sumit Gupta wrote:
> The /dev/[r]dsk nodes implement the O_EXCL flag. If a node is opened using
>  the O_EXCL, subsequent open(2) to that node fail. But I dont think the
> same is true for /dev/zvol/[r]dsk nodes. Is that a bug (or maybe RFE) ?

Yes, that seems like a fine RFE.  Or a bug, if there's a policy saying that
this must work.  A quick search didn't turn up any documentation.

I think this would be implemented in zvol_open().  (Though it's unfortunate
that every device must implement this on its own; it would be better if the
infrastructure took care of it.)

--matt