>    Anyone out there remember the -d option for share?  How do you set the
> share description using the zfs set commands, or is it even possible?

Yes, it is quite hard to find.  I filed a bug about this last
summer:

  http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6565879

The way to do set the share description is shown in the bug
description.  Basically, you say something like:

  zfs set sharenfs="rw,anon=0  Some Text Here" POOL/fs

Note that you will get a trailing tab character which messes
up the "share" output.

The bug database says "Commit to Fix s10u6_02" so I'm hopeful. :-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 45
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt