# zpool status
  pool: export
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: resilver completed with 0 errors on Tue Jun 17 09:36:12 2008
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        export        ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c2t0d0s5  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c2t2d0s5  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

Thanks,
Srini

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Ghent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:32 AM
To: Srinivas Chadalavada
Cc: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] mirroring zfs slice

On Jun 17, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Srinivas Chadalavada wrote:

> :root # zpool create export mirror c2t0d0s5 c2t0d0s5
> invalid vdev specification
> use '-f' to override the following errors:
> /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s5 is part of active ZFS pool export. Please see
> zpool(1M).

(I presume that you meant to use c2t2d0s5 as the second slice)

You've already created your pool, so all you want to do is attach the
new slice to be a mirror of one that is already in the pool:

zpool attach export c2t0d0s5 c2t2d0s5

This will create a mirror between c2t0d0s5 and c2t2d0s5

First be sure that slice 5 on c2t2d0 is at least the same size as
c2t0d0s5. If c2t2d0 is unused, you can copy the vtoc from the first
disk to the second one with a simple command:

prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c2t2d0s2

Since you're on x86, you may need to run fdisk against c2t2d0 if it is
a virgin drive.

/dale