Any progress on a defragmentation utility?  We appear to be having a severe
fragmentation problem on an X4500, vanilla S10U4, no additional patches.  500GB
disks in 4 x 11 disk RAIDZ2 vdevs.  It hit 97% full and fell off a
cliff...about 50KB/sec on writes.  Deleting files so the zpool is at 92% has
not helped.  I rebooted the host...no difference.  I lowered the recordsize
from 128KB to 8KB.  That has boosted performance to 250-500KB/sec on writes
(still 10x-100x too slow).  Reads have been fine all along.

This is one big zpool and one file system of 16TB.  Approximately 25-30M files,
some of which change often.  Lots of small, changing files, which are probably
aggravating the problem.  Due to the Marvell driver bug, I have SATA NCQ turned
off in /etc/system via "set sata:sata_func_enable=0x5".  We plan to go to the
most recent patch set so I can remove that, but I'm not convinced patching will
fix the slowness we're seeing.

We'll try to delete more files, but having a defragmentation utility might help
in this case.  It seems a shame to waste 10-20% of your disk space to maintain
moderate performance, though I guess that's what we'll have to do.