Matt Harrison wrote:
> I seem to have overlooked the first part of your reply, I can just
> replace the disks one at a time, and of course the pool would rebuild
> itself onto the new disk. Would this automatically extend the size of
> the pool once all 3 disks are replaced?

Yes - once the resilvering has finished on the final
disk replacement. I used exactly this process to increase
my poolsize from 2x200G to 2x320G disks last year. It
was easy - so easy that I wondered what I had forgotten
to do ... but nope, nothing - It Just Works(tm).

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems