Hi--

You can replace the failed disk and then detach the spare using the
general scenario described below. Some steps might be optional but I'm
pretty cautious about disk replacement, even when its this easy.

Cindy

1. Physically replace the failed disk.

2. Let ZFS know that you replaced the failed disk.

If you replace the failed disk with a disk in the same position, say for
example, c1t0d0, then use syntax similar to this command:

# zpool replace pool-name c1t0d0

2. Run zpool status to confirm the replacement is successful and the
resilvering is complete.

3. Detach the spare, like this:

# zpool detach pool-name spare-disk

4. Run zpool status again to confirm that the spare is back in the
pool.

Cindy